- Version 5.3.1
- Added French language support
- Version 5.3
- Added new tweak to hide Shortcut Arrow on Desktop Icons under Display->Shortcut Arrow
- Fixed some German translations (Thank you Tim for the help!)
- Several bug-fixes
- Version 5.2
- Redesigned the interface, to provide better contrasts
- Added new tweak to Disable all Windows+X hotkeys under Restrictions->Explorer
- Added new tweak to Disable password reveal in Windows 8 under Restrictions->Explorer
- Several bug-fixes
- Version 5.1
- Bug-fixes for app crashing at several places
- Fixed Default Selection Color button not working under Display -> Selection Color
- Improved keyboard support for search.
- Version 5.0
- Complete rewrite from scratch, for a more efficient and improved experienced.
- Added ability to search tweaks.
- Windows Tweaker now also comes in German and Russian.
- Added two new categories, Start Screen and Navigation under Explorer, which contain several tweaks for Windows 8.
- Added another new category, Search under System.
- Display has now a new category called Icon title, which allows user to customise icon's text wrapping behaviour.
- Added a new tweak called Display files using old-style file sorting algorithm under Display->Explorer.
- Under Tasks added a new tweak called Create file to create large files.
- Open with customisation, Startup Manager and many other tweaks have been re-implemented, to provide a better user-experience.
- Version 4.1
- Fixed the Notification Area bug more efficiently.
- A portable version of Windows Tweaker is now also available.
- Fixed a serious issue where a user having a skin pack/custom theme (or visual style) installed, was unable to select checkboxes and radiobuttons.
- Added an option to check for updates.
- Removed the tweak, Shortcut Arrow present in Display
from ONLY from the portable version, because this tweak requires
saving the software values inside registry which might affect the user's
system when Windows Tweaker is not present.
- Version 4.0
- (Patch) Resolved an issue with Notification Area icon, which was by default set to hide, which caused Notification Area to disappear on some systems.
The default has now been set to un-hide (the default value is used, when the settings are not present beforehand in registry).
- Renamed Windows 7 Tweaker to Windows Tweaker
- Windows Tweaker 4.0 is now compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8
- Extensively redesigned the UI
- Added an option to Create a shortcut of Shutdown on Metro Start Screen (available only in Windows 8) under Explorer->Etcetra category
- Added a new tweak named Add Recycle Bin to My Computer under Explorer->Etcetra
- Added a new tweak named Add Registry Editor to Control Panel under Explorer->Etcetra
- Added a new tweak named Add Open with Notepad to the Right-Click Menu for All Files under Right-Click->General
- Added a new tweak named Add Control Panel to the Desktop Right-Click Menu under Right-Click->General
- Added a new tweak named Make "Open Command Prompt here" Always Display for Folders and Drives under Right-Click->General
- Added a new tweak named Add Defragment to the Right-Click Menu for a Drive under Right-Click->General
- Now web URLs can also be added to the Right-Click menu of Windows using the Add Custom Items under Right-Click category
- The Startup Manager present under Places category is now out of beta
- Added a new tweak named Prevent Windows Update from forcibly rebooting Windows under Features->Windows Update
- Added a new shortcut named Advanced Disk Cleanup under Utilities->Disk
- Added a new shortcut named Advanced User Accounts Control Panel under Utilities->Miscellaneous
- Added an option to create a System Restore point
- Fixed a bug in Notification Area tweak present under Explorer category
- The Send To tweak under Right-Click category is now compatible with 64-bit Windows as well
- Version 3.8
- Added a Startup Manager(Beta) under Maintenance Tweaks.
- Added a new tweak to Show/Hide Shortcut Overlay Icon under Miscellaneous.
- Added the Password Protection feature.
- Added Jumplists for Windows 7 and a notification icon in case of Windows Vista.
- Improved the Special Hiding feature by adding support to select multiple files under Special Tasks.
- Added shortcut to Remote Shutdown Dialog under Windows Utilities.
- Added the ability to change skin between the available three skins black, silver and blue(default).
- Replaced the old LogOff Dialog with Newer Vista like Dialogs(TaskDialogs).
- Last but not the least, changed the main icon of this version, and resized the splash screen from the previous versions.
- Version 3.6
- Fixed a another serious bug caused by a nullreference exception when the application is loaded,signalled by a message as Object reference not set to an instance, caused by the absence of a key.
- Added a new feature to Report Unexpected errors, if any occurs for quick fixing.
- Version 3.5
- Added a new category named Miscellaneous having two
- Selection Color to customize the colour of
translucent selection rectangle.
- Hide Libraries to control the display of Libraries
in the Navigation Pane of Windows Explorer.(Windows 7
- Added a new category named Maintenance Tweaks having two
- Startup Tweaks
- Added two new subcategories named Screen Saver Policy & Startup Sound under Logon
- Version 3.0 RC
- Complete change in the interface by use of RAD Controls.
- Suppressed the constant display of Error messages by replacing them with a Banned logo,
containing the information, against the tweaks that have been affected by those errors.
- Added a Splash Screen to the application.
- Added a Desktop Alert to the bottom-right of the desktop when the main window, after the splash screen, appears.
- Made the checkbox for Enable Automatic Login under Logon->Automatic Logon more interactive.
- Added an option for users to contribute to the development and improvement of this tweaker.
- Version 2.2.5
- Fixed a serious bug caused by a nullreference exception when the application is loaded,signalled by a message as
Object reference not set to an instance, caused by the absence of shell key under HKCR\Unknown on few systems.
- Improved the Schedule Shutdown feature under Special Tasks by replacing the time-input textbox with a full-fledged Calendar and Time-setting feature.
- Improved Drop-down list for Automatic Updates under Windows Features for Windows where the registry value containing autoplay information is missing.
- Corrected an error caused under Right-Click Menu->Send To when deleting a .com file added by using Add File button.
- Version 2.2
- Improved the About box.
- Refined the working and implementation of Autoplay feature under Windows Features->Autoplay.
- Optimized the tweaks under Right-Click Menu->Send To for 64-bit Windows.
- Added a new category named Special Tasks.
- Version 2.1
- Fixed bug for Windows Vista systems caused by the tweak Add "Copy All Contents" for Right-Click menu of Text Files under Right-Click Menu->General.
- Fixed an unexpected behaviour of the Drop-down list under Start Menu & Taskbar->Power Button
- Version 2.0
- Added a new sub-category named Notification Area under the category Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Added a new sub-category named Edit Information under the category System.
- Added a new sub-category named Miscellaneous under the category Logon.
- Added a new sub-category named Send To under the category Right-Click.
- Added a new tweak named Prevent Stopping Automatic Logon by Pressing Shift Key under Logon->Automatic Logon.
- Added a new tweak named Logon Automatically after Logoff uder Logon->Automatic Logon.
- Added a new category named Windows Features with sevral new tweaks.
- Resolved an issue with the tweak, Kill applications immediately and shutdown straightaway
under System->Shutdown Configuration which occured when the related registry key's type was of "REG_BINARY" instead of "REG_SZ" on some systems.
- Resolved an issue when Customize button under Explorer->Open With, was pressed multiple time, triggering a nullreference exception.
- Removed Lock the Taskbar tweak from Start Menu & TaskBar->Restrictions.